Lower back pain is a universal human experience, as almost everyone will experience it at some point in their lifetime. If you’re living with back pain, our lower back pain treatment in Indian Land and Fort Mill, SC, is a viable treatment option.
Chiropractic adjustment properly aligns your spine to help release pressure on your joints and nerves. It addresses the cause of the pain and does not offer temporary relief like massages or pain relievers.
As a top provider of chiropractic care in Indian Land and Fort Mill, Carolina Chiropractic & Wellness delivers the most effective chiropractic techniques that prevent and alleviate lower back pain. Our Indian Land Chiropractor, Dr. Adam Cooper, has a solid record of successfully treating lower back pain, whether it’s caused by improper posture, an accident, a sports injury, or the strain and stress of daily life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Lower back pain can be severe and debilitating or mild and uncomfortable. Symptoms may start suddenly or slowly and gradually worsen over time. Depending on the underlying cause of the pain, you may experience the following:
- Difficulty walking, standing up straight, or going from standing to sitting
- Pain that gets worse after standing or sitting for a long period of time
- Muscle tightness and spasms in the hips, pelvis, and lower back
- Burning, stinging pain that travels from your lower back to the back of your thighs, sometimes into your lower feet or legs, which can include tingling (sciatica) or numbness
- Pain that is achy or dull that stays in your lower back
Lower back pain may happen due to a variety of problems, such as injury, degenerative conditions, and structural spine issues. Some conditions that can lead to lower back pain include:
- Facet joint dysfunction
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction
- Degenerative disc disease
- Lumbar herniated disc
- Spinal stenosis
- Deformities like scoliosis or kyphosis
- Acute fractures or dislocations of the spine due to trauma
- Compression fracture
Chiropractic adjustments are safe when conducted by a licensed and trained chiropractor. Unlike muscle relaxers and painkillers, chiropractic care provides lasting relief for your lower back pain. Moreover, it is not only gentle and safe but highly effective and can help reduce your reliance on pain medications and surgeries, which can be dangerous and expensive.